Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kirby


Got the latest Essential Fantastic Four this week featuring the last issues Jack Kirby pencilled. I was inspired today to finish the inks on this Captain America piece over a copy of Kirby's pencils. I started this months ago but wasn't pleased with how it was going. After drawing a lot of Kirby characters in Marvel Zombies and inking JL Garcia Lopez and Rick Leonardi on JLA I felt more confident about having another go with these inks. Might even try colouring it next, but first back to some paying work...

2 comments:

Mark Kardwell said...

I'd be surprised if John Morrow doesn't get in touch with you: he's had some great artists inking Kirby pieces as covers for his great JACK KIRBY COLLECTOR magazine over the years. This'd be right up his alley.

Sean Phillips said...

I was planning on showing it to him when I've coloured it. I'd love to do a cover for the Jack Kirby Collector.